REASONS TO BE HAPPY
Reasons to be happy.
- You woke up this morning in a comfortable bed and you’ll go to sleep tonight in the same luxury.
- You had ample food for breakfast, lunch and supper.
- You walk outside and you hear cars driving past, birds chirping, a random hooter now and then.
- You have friends who know how to make you smile.
- You have family who make you feel whole.
- You are healthy.
- You made someone’s day today by simply being you.
- You are able to read this. And “words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic.” – JK Rowling
- You are what you always hoped you’d become and its only about to get better. Just wait. Your past self is so proud of you right now.
- You are the reason someone smiles in the middle of the day for no reason.
Here’s some more reasons
- New York is waiting for you to discover it. So is Tokyo, Sydney and Jerusalem and Nairobi, Mumbai and Istanbul.
- Sunflowers. That’s it.
- Winter sunshine that makes you sleep.
- The smell of rain.
- The new season of your favourite series.
- The sound of the waves as they crash.
- Ice cream.
- The cold side of your pillow.
- Long drives with your best friends.
- A person texting you saying “I thought of you”.
And here’s a few more
- Fridays. The perfect end to the week plus Jummah lunch.
- Adrenalin. Is there anything better than the feeling when you take the dip on a rollercoaster?
- Grandparents exist. I honestly don’t think there’s anyone else who’ll love you more than them.
- Doing nothing on a Sunday.
- June holidays.
- Remembering that “this too shall pass”.
- Nike ads. Is there anything more inspiring? Reminder: “crazy dreams take crazy effort” and “show them what crazy dreams can do”.
- Ranbir Kapoor as Bunny in Yeh Jawaani Hai Dewaani, “were you always this beautiful or is this the magic of time?”
Point is, there’s so many reasons to be happy. You just have to open your eyes and see it. One day, hopefully some day soon, you’ll wake up and you’ll see that everything just fell into place. You got the degree, you secured the job, you married the love of your life. It’s Sunday morning, and you wake up to the smell of waffles (Another reason to be happy: waffles) and all is good.
But don’t just wait for some day.
Carpe Diem // seize the moment
In this instant.
Choose happiness and you’ll find yourself being content.