Lessons from the Ummah Heartul Mu’mineen
For the last few months we have been attending Ummah Heart lessons online and it has honestly been the best thing that has come out of lockdown for many of us. Ummah Heart has been the greatest blessing and so, I’ve decided to share the lessons from the Ummah Heartul Mu’mineen with all of you.
1. Khadeejah bint Khuwailad R.A.
- You sometimes get people in life that are a means of rozi because they push you to be a better person.
- Islam began with a hug and a woman saying “I support you”.
2. Sawdah bint Zam’ah R.A.
- Nabi ﷺ said “Strange are the matters of the heart.” You won’t understand the matters of the heart because Allah has already ordained things in Aalim-e-Arwah so you won’t understand why some people are attracted to each other.
- Sawdah R.A. was one of the reasons aayah 59 in Surah Ahzaab was revealed. This is the verse that ordained that women need to observe hijaab. May Allah make it easy for all of us to follow this instruction and keep us steadfast.
3. Aaisha bint Abu Bakr R.A.
- Not a single photo of Aaisha R.A. exists yet she lives in the minds of billions. Change the world with your heart and mind, not your body.
- Nabi ﷺ made duaa for her by saying “Oh Allah! Forgive Aaisha’s past and future transgressions, both those which are hidden and those which are apparent.” She was very happy when Nabi ﷺ made this duaa for her and Nabi ﷺ told her that he makes this duaa for his ummah every day.
- Aaisha R.A. asked Nabi ﷺ “how is your love for me?” Nabi ﷺ replied: “Like the rope’s knot,” meaning that it was strong and secure. Time after time thereafter, she would ask him “How is the knot?” and Nabi ﷺ would reply: “Ala haalihaa.” (In the same condition).
- Nabi ﷺ used to drink and eat from the same place she ate and drank from.
- Allah Ta’alah cleared Aaisha R.A.’s name when accusations were made against her by revealing ten verses of Surah Noor.
- Aaisha R.A. opened the first university in Islam by teaching both men and women. She specialised in fiqh and aqeedah.
4. Hafsah bint Umar al Khattab R.A.
- When you want to get married to someone, make mashwarah like Nabi ﷺ consulted with Abu Bakr R.A. and Uthmaan R.A. when Nabi ﷺ wanted to marry Hafsah R.A.
- People will forget your 1000 good deeds for 1 fault. Allah will forget your 1000 bad deeds for 1 good deed.
- Allah has given the dunya for the disbelievers and the aakirah for the believers.
Do not speak about your money in front of a poor person.
Do not speak about your health in front of a sick person.
Do not speak about your power in front of a weak person.
Do not speak about your happiness in front of a sad person.
Do not speak about your freedom in front of a prisoner.
Do not speak about your children in front of an infertile person.
Do not speak about your mother and father in front of an orphan.
Because their wounds cannot bear more.Ali ibn abi Talib R.A.
5. Zainab bint Khuzaymah R.A.
- Nabi ﷺ said that “the worst person in the sight of Allah on the day of Qiyaamah will be the one who is avoided by people due to his uncouth and undignified behaviour.”
- Your character is a sign of your relationship with Allah and your relationship with Allah will reflect in the relationships with the people around you. Fix your relationship with Allah and Allah will fix your relationship with everyone else.
- Be merciful to those on earth and the One in the sky will be merciful to you as people only go to Jannah with the mercy of Allah.
- There is a bridge called Qantarah that is between the Siraat-ul-Mustaqeem and Jannah, the people you hurt will stand there and your path will change if the people do not forgive you.
- The heart of a believer is more valuable than the Ka’bah so be kind and do not hurt the heart of any person.
6. Umm Salamah bint Hind bint Abi Umayya R.A.
- When Allah takes away something from you, Allah replaces it with something better that will make you forget about the pain of loosing it.
- If someone reads إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُوْنَ، اللَّهمَّ أْجُرْنِي فِي مُصِيْبَتِي، وَاخْلُفْ لِي خَيْرا ً مِنْهَا immediately when a calamity occurs, Allah will replace it with something better.
- When verses were revealed, they were revealed using the masculine. She asked Nabi ﷺ why Allah only sent down verses in the masculine? So Allah sent down Verse 35 of Surah Ahzaab to soothe her heart.
7. Zainab bint Jahash R.A.
- Whoever conceals the faults of a person in this world, Allah will place a curtain covering Allah and the person on the day of Qiyaamah and you won’t be reckoned in public.
- Zainab R.A. and Nabi ﷺ were a match made in heaven because her nikaah was performed when Allah revealed Surah Ahzab, Allah was her wali and Jibraeel A.S. was her envoy.
- Even though Zainab and Aaisha R.A. were “rivals”, she stood up for Aaisha R.A. when accusations were made against her. She did not allow her emotions to interrupt the truth.
- Ya Allah, if I am to fall in love, let me touch the heart of someone who is attached to You.
8. Juwairiyyah bint al-Harith R.A.
- Nabi ﷺ taught her the duaa that is heavier in weight than spending the whole day in prayer: سُبْحَانَ اللهِ وَ بِحَمْدِهِ عَدَدَ خَلقِهِ وَرِضَا نَفْسِهِ وَزِنَةَ عَرْشِهِ وَ مِدَادَ كَلِمَاتِهِ (Praise be to Allah according to the number of his creation, according to the pleasure of himself and the weight of his throne and according to the ink used in recording his praise).
- You cannot show someone what is in your heart except by your actions.
9. Safiyyah bint Huyyay R.A.
- The best gift that a muslim man can have is a righteous woman.
- Nabi ﷺ used to console his wife whenever she cried and the more she cried, the more closer Nabi ﷺ went to her.
- Nabi ﷺ spoke to her about any issues and made sure that her heart was at ease.
- When the other wives used to tease her for being overweight, Nabi ﷺ reprimanded them and said “your words are so bitter, it would turn the waters of the world sour.”
- You should alwaays clarify doubt if the window opens.
- When a conveyance was going too fast while she was on it, Nabi ﷺ told the sahabah, “women are like delicate glass (so go slowly)”.
10. Umm Habibah bint Abu Sufyaan R.A.
- Nabi ﷺ said “A person is on the religion of his friends, so be careful who you befriend.”
- As muslims, our success stories are the day we die.
- Nabi ﷺ said: “two days are absolutely useless, yesterday because it is over and tomorrow because you don’t have any guarantee about it.”
11. Maymoonah bint al-Harith al-Hilaliyah R.A.
- In Surah Ahzab, verse 33, Allah says “the prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves and their wives are their mothers.”
- Allah also says in aayah 3, “And put thy trust in Allah and enough is Allah as a disposer of affairs.”
Maariah al-Qibtiyyah R.A.
- Instead of asking Allah to grant his baby shifaa, Nabi ﷺ saved his dua (the dua that every prophet has that Allah will definitely accept) for you, his ummati, to use on the day of Qiyaamah.
The Ummah Heartul Mu’mineen are named so because they are the mothers of the believers, they are the wives of Nabi ﷺ and their stories inspire us to aspire to be like them.