HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MOTHER CITY
My family and I went down to the Mother City in the December holidays. Here are 9 highlights from our trip!
- The drive along Chapman’s Peak. I was blown away by the magnificence of the ocean.
- West Coast National Park with its clear waters made me feel like I was away at an exotic holiday destination.
- A real treat was Baskin Robbins which definitely made me feeling like I was buying ice cream in Taiba Centre in Madinah. Ahh, the nostalgia.
- Watching the sun set on Signal Hill was breathtaking and we were surrounded by South Africans from all over and you could hear it from the different accents.
- We went strawberry picking at Polkadraai Farm in Stellenbosch and had as much fun picking strawberries as we did eating them.
- Nothing beats the vibe and the aesthetic of the V&A Waterfront.
- The view of Table Mountain from the Big Wheel was definitely picture perfect.
- The rich heritage of South African muslims that can be seen in Bo-Kaap.
- Fish on the Rocks is a must stop for fish and chips in Houtbay.